Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Wedding Cakes

Chef Kathy Pastiu came today from Cape May, one of Chef Stetchers friends who she used to work with. She showed us how to marble fondant and use molds and things with fondant to make different shapes to put on cakes. She didn't really make a traditional cake, but just showed us different techniques. It was pretty good and I liked her a lot. Just another demo that wants me to make wedding cakes more and more. Maybe I should have taken up my sisters offer to make her wedding cake, but I think that is a stress I just won't want come August. 
Truth is, Wedding Cakes are the one thing I would love to master. I love the idea of just making the one thing to complete a couples perfect day. They're also what got me to want to get into this business. Don't get me wrong, I love every aspect of it, but cakes are what I love to do, even if I'm not that good at them. Practice Makes Perfect though, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment